Prof. Ajay Singh
M.S.(TO), MIE(I), CE(I)
Research Experience: 34 Years in Central Building Research Institute (CBRI), Roorkee
Teaching Experience: 6 Years
International and National Research Papers: 19 Published
No of Research Projects: 16
Memberships of Professional Bodies: Member of The Institution of Engineers (India), Charted Engineer of The Institution of Engineers (India), Ex Member of Various Civil Engineering Sectional Committees of Bureau of Indian Standards
Prof. Ajay Singh is working as Sr. Prof. in department of civil engineering at Roorkee Institute of Technology, Roorkee. He has a vast experience in teaching, research, building construction and waste management.
Apart from teaching, he has been associated with many important projects of national repute like;
• Landslide control measures in Himalayan region.
• Rehabilitation of fly-ash ponds at NFL Panipat, Haryana and NTPC Badarpur, New Delhi.
• Augmentation capacity of fly-ash pond for HINDALCO thermal power plant at Renusagar (UP).
• Design of new fly-ash pond with zero percolation for HINDALCO thermal power plant at Renusagar (UP).
• Rock drilling and design of rock anchors for 300m high TV tower at Barmer, Rajasthan.
• Cost economic analysis work for Navodaya Vidayalya Projects
• Third party quality assurance of construction works for Common Wealth Games Village, New Delhi
• Third party quality assurance of construction works for BHEL Haridwar.
• Non-destructive tests for assessing remaining life of the building structures etc.
Now, he is actively working in some new R&D fields like;
• Waste water treatment using algae.
• Use of coal mill rejects as coarse aggregate in concrete.
• Development of concrete blocks with waste plastic bottles.
• Study of Self compacting concrete etc.
He has published over 20 research papers in national and 12 in international journals. Recently he has been awarded a Life Time Achievement Award for his contribution in Civil Engineering by International Technological University, California, USA.