Recognizing the need of the time, RIT has taken a lead by establishing Texas Instruments Centre of Excellence for Robotics, Internet of things and Data Science to become the “Only Institute in Uttarakhand” to have such a unique and centralized facility at its campus.
The initiative taken by the ECE Department of RIT has become the most popular Centre of Excellence which is catering to the diversified needs of virtually all the other departments located within RIT campus. The department has also tied up with IIT Roorkee for Virtual Lab.
The collective work of RIT students and its faculties which are NPTEL Certified has won many accolades for the institute, by winning back to back awards of being the “Best institute in the field of Excellence and Innovation in Robotics Education” – STEM Awards 2020 conferred by All India Council of Robotics and Automation (AICRA). The Award was given by Shri Nitin Gadkari, Cabinet Minister, Govt. of India. In the year 2019 also, RIT had won a parallel award for its outstanding initiative of the year in robotics.
It has also collaborated with IIT Ropar to create Smarter Planet Centre of Excellence with LoRa Devices for research in 5G Technology in the field of Communication and providing opportunities of internship to its students.
The implementation of Industry 4.0 has given a lot of thrust to the adoption of new manufacturing techniques and automation. E&C Department has also created the Prolific Centre of Excellence for Automation that will help the students of other engineering disciplines also to use the facility and promote their indispensable plant and process design and management skills.
- Specialization in IoT (Internet of Things )
- Specialization in Robotics
- Specialization in Data Science
Faculty Specialization and Certification:
- IOT (Internet of Things)
- Wireless Communication
- VLSI & Embedded Systems
- PCB Designing
- Digital Signal Processing
- Robotics & Automation.
- Design and development of 0-1.3 GHz Radio frequency variable gain amplifier with 25-35 dB dynamic range linearity noise.
- Energy optimization of solar cells using genetic algorithm.
- MATLAB Simulink based Solar Photo Voltaic Module using MPPT, Artificial Neural Network MPPT & PID controller.
- Analysis and Design of Matrix Convertors for Adjustable Speed Drive and Distributed Power Sources.
- Generation and Distribution of Millimeter Waves using External Modulation Technique.
- Controller Design and its Performance analysis for SOPDT.
- Analysis of Compact H- shaped Micro Strip Patch Antenna using IE- 3D
- Hardware chip implementation of Digital Watermarking using IM-DCT Inverse Modified Discrete Cosine Transform.
Proposed Industrial Visits
Proposed Industrial Visits:
- Industrial Visit to BSNL, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Industrial Visit to Tata Motors, Pant Nagar, Uttarakhand.
- Industrial Visit to Hero Motocorp, SIDCUL, Hardwar, Uttarakhand
- Industrial Visit to Texas Instruments, Bangalore, Karnataka