RIT Roorkee, School of Technology, congratulates 𝐌𝐬 𝐇.𝐍𝐢𝐝𝐡𝐢 (𝐄𝐂𝐄 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫), 𝐌𝐫. 𝐊𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐢 (𝐄𝐄 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫) ,𝐌𝐫. 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐫 (𝐄𝐂𝐄 𝟐𝐧d 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫) & 𝐌𝐫. 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐊𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐫 (𝐄𝐂𝐄 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫) for attaining 100% marks in “𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦” through Coursera online Learning Platform authorized by University of California, Irvine.
The explosive growth of the “𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬”is changing the world and the rapid drop in price for typical IoT components is allowing people to innovate new designs and products at home. In this class in the specialization the students learnt the importance of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices and trends for the future. IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and your device will also be covered. The students will also learn how to make design trade-offs between hardware and software. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐛𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐈𝐎𝐓 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞.
Upon completing this course, the students will be able to:
1. Define the term “Internet of Things”
2. State the technological trends which have led to IoT
3. Describe the impact of IoT on society
4. Define what an embedded system is in terms of its interface
5. Enumerate and describe the components of an embedded system
6. Describe the interactions of embedded systems with the physical world
7. Name the core hardware components most commonly used in IoT devices
8. Describe the interaction between software and hardware in an IoT device
9. Describe the role of an operating system to support software in an IoT device
10. Explain the use of networking and basic networking hardware
11. Describe the structure of the Internet
12. Describe the meaning of a “network protocol”
13. Explain MANETs and their relation to IoT